12/11/12

Guirnaldas=Festive Wreaths


During my walk around the house, preparing pictures for My First Home Tour ever, I noticed that something was missing. Something so representative of the Season that I can't believe I overlooked it! The Wreaths !!!
My doors were bare!!! nada, zero, zip!!! except for a little snowman jingle to alert me when someone is either leaving or coming through the front door, and even he is super tiny.

So this weekend I got busy trying to create garlands out of basically everything and every material I had left over from every season. At this point, I'm not spending one single dime on decorating anymore...Presents for loved ones is #1 priority.

My first wreath is the Owl one! I just loved this one...I've always been fascinated with owls. Those big eyes are mesmerizing and the way they move their heads...well, amazing! I used my ever lasting Dollar Tree pool noodle and re-covered it with red yarn that I also had left from some other project. Snowflakes from last year's Christmas decor completed the look...oh and the Owl...I got it for Halloween and Micheal's lost it, so I couldn't use it and had to replace him with another one I found and then....out of thin air, checking bins for the Christmas tree..there he was!!! Well buddy, right on time! He is going on the inside of the front door! I want to look at him all the time!





My Second one is the Grapevine Monogram Wreath. Who doesn't have 1 or 2 (or 3 in my case) of these wreaths laying around the basement? Grabbed it and tied half of it on white and red tulle left over from a project. A couple of extra red bulbs that I had no more use for anywhere else and some candy cane picks and candies that I got in my first seasonal trips to the dollar store and never got around them for decorating. (well truth be told, I forgot I got these guys). The Big M...was from last year's Christmas. Painted in Red with white polka dots...and Voila! My front door Christmas Wreath was done!





My last wreath I keep moving around until hopefully before Dec 24th, it will find it's permanent home. It's made out of the pool noodle I used for my Halloween Hat Wreath, extra bulbs for the tree and Burnt and Not Burnt out lights from my hub's outside light strand...some of them were still good, but he said he didn't want to use them again because it seems that is more expensive to buy 1 single bulb at the time than a new strand. So...to make a long story short...they ended up in my wreath. A number of them were kind of transparent to begin with and those are the ones that got a coat of glitter...also left from other projects.






A 3 practically money free wreaths and now my doors are festive and I'm ready for my First Home Tour, Christmas Style....I think (wink wink)

Besitos,

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You so Much! Have a "Bright" Holiday Season! :0)

      Delete
  2. The bulb wreath is outstanding and unique! Will have to keep in mind for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guerrina, it's super easy to make too! Please keep me posted if you do make one! Will Love to see it! Thank You for visiting!

      Delete
  3. The bulb wreath is amazing!
    Merry Christmas!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystelle, Thank You very much for your kind words and visiting! Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  4. What wonderful wreaths and I have to agree with the others - the bulb wreath is adorable!
    I'm pinning you!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so Much You Shelia!!!! Have a Happy Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Your wreaths are precious! The bulb wreath just brilliant, haha! An adorable idea that I'm pinning for next year, thanks for the inspiration.
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Andrea!!! When my husband said I could have that strand of outdoor bulbs I said YES!!! and seized the moment before he changed his mind! lol, Thanks for visiting and Pinning. Feliz Navidad!!!!

      Delete
  6. What great wreath ideas!! Thanx for sharing with us at THT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting a great party Pamela. Happy Christmas!

      Delete
  7. I wanted to make a wreath this year, but never got around to it! I have felt so behind all season. If you have a cookie, dessert recipe I am having a recipe swap right now join in if you like @ DearCreatives.com
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for the invitation Theresa!!! I will whip some up and get over DearCreatives.com and party!and don't feel too bad about your wreaths, I'm still buying Xmas presents and Christmas is only 5 days away! lol

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing them with us :) Have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love, love, love the owl wreath and bulb wreath! They are both gorgeous! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier!!

    Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas! I especially love the bulb wreath. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete