12/15/12

Luminaria=Peppermint Luminaria

Dollar Store Solar Light North Pole Christmas Sign, this easy craft over all price is about $2 Solar light and decorations that you probably have around the house!

This quick project was born out of necessity. My little one has been having problems with sleeping in his room with the lights off. At the moment, he has Pancho, he has his Circus Christmas Tree and a little fish lamp, but still I've been waking up at least once a night for a few nights now. So, to make a long story short, I had pinned this adorable decoration from the Dollar Store Crafts site and I was planning on working on it f next year...but due to the circumstances I thought It's Now or Never!

The materials needed for this projects are as follows:

1 Piece of styrofoam material, I used a piece of the many I've gotten inside Xmas presents shipped this season.
2 Popsicle sticks painted black
1 Solar Light Peppermint stick mine from the Dollar Tree, but I understand they are sold everywhere
Some fake snow or white fabric
A couple of inches of chain, I used a broken piece of necklace
A piece of  small piece of white card board to make the Sign...I didn't have any handy so I used a 2010 small picture frame I had and was about to toss.
Glue sticks
Glue
Other Christmas decorations if you like





I covered the piece of styrofoam with regular white glue and sprinkled some of the fake snow on it. While it was drying. I started working on the sign I made an L shaped Angle with the 2 popsicle sticks and used my glue gun to stick one side of it to the solar light. Attached my chain to the picture frame and then the top of the chain to the upper popsicle stick. Since my penmanship is really horrible, I used some small letters to write North Pole and stuck them the the face of the picture frame.




Stand your Solar light in the styrofoam and it's done! I embellished mine a little bit by adding some extra decorations I had from a box of vintage ornaments that my MIL had recently given me and  a few Dollar Tree presents.

Dollar Store Solar Light Christmas "North Pole" Sign. Add whimsy to your holiday decor with a solar light from the dollar store and a little imagination! It Works!


It works too!!!! It is very hard to take a picture of it without my flash going (perhaps it's time to buy a new camera, hint hint Santa) but for now this one's got to do.



It's not super bright...after all it's a dollar solar panel light, but it looks cute and gives a little extra light to the one who needs it now...my little one!


Hope you liked how I ran with an idea from Pinterest and adapted it  to our family's needs.


Besitos,

8 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome. Really good thinking, and a really good job!

    I'm a little late, but visiting from the Raising Imperfection hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much and also thank you for visiting! Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  2. That is a really cute idea!

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, awesome party! Thank you so much! I will be coming back for sure and hang out at your great blog and party! Happy Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Unbelievably clever! It's amazing what you can find at the dollar store!

    Thank you for linking your post to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lanaya, Yes I love the dollar stores! Thank You for hosting a great party and giving all us bloggers a place to share our crafts and ideas!

      Delete