1/24/13

Very Berry Kool Aid Cheesecake

Amor Es=Sugar Rush

Hola Amigos...usually I bring you a craft on Thursdays  but today I'm sharing with you this surprisingly delicious and quick dessert which main ingredient is the humble Kool Aid!


For a couple of days now, while trying to organize my pantry, my little 4 yo helper found a few forgotten, maybe on purpose, packets of Kool Aid! I still don't know what possessed me to by them on the first place..is nothing we drink at this household anyways...but I couldn't just trow them away. I did a little online research and found a recipe using Kool Aid. I changed it a little bit and this Cheesecake was born.

Very Berry Kool Aid Cheesecake


1 .14 oz packet of Balck Cherry Kool Aid
1 .14oz packet of Grape Kool Aid
1 8oz container of Cool Whip
1 can Condensed Milk
8 ounces Strawberry Cream Cheese
3 Tablespoon Milk
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust

Strawberries, Blackberries and Blackberry Preserves for Garnish



 Yes, that is Little Helper Mixing Everything and "Berry" excited to try his new favorite treat! Can you blame him, what is not to like about this one!

Put the Cool Whip, Kool Aid, Condensed Milk, Cream Cheese and Milk in a Bowl, mix with a spatula until you can't see any traces of the Kool Aid. Once everything is mixed, refrigerate for 2 hours until firm. Decorate with strawberry slices, whole blackberries and drizzle some blackberry preserve preciously heated up in the microwave.




Listo!


I've got to tell you guys, this tastes better than I expected. 




I think it's because I cut some of the sweetness of the ingredients with the strawberry cream cheese.
Not only it gave it texture where you can actually sink your fork in, but it also goes well with the blackberry preserves and Graham Cracker Crust!
Claire Justine oxox


It's Valentine's, It's O.k to have a little sugar rush to keep the Love Going!


After all everything tastes better with a spoonful of sweetness and a  Pinch of Love!


Also friends, remember the Red Cross needs your help, not only this Valentine's but everyday of the year, not only by donating blood or funds, but also you can volunteer your time assisting staff and donors on blood drives or perhaps encouraging other people to get involved and donate! Whatever it is your call, give the gift of life this February 14th!

Besitos,
Lizy

18 comments:

  1. I agree. I am a donor and donate every few months! That is one great looking pie. My kids would love helping to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make cheesecake all the time, never thought if kool-aide! Great for valentine's day! I just started a new link party and would love if you would come on over and share your post or social media sites. http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party4/

    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a slice of this right now! Thanks for dropping by today! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, can't wait to try it... my daughter will love it too! (pinned)
    cass-eats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cheesecake and this looks delicious. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love this and thanks for linking to Talkin’ About Thursday - http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party4/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a clever idea! Yum! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cheesecake looks wonderful, I wish I was eating a slice right now~ Thanks for sharing this great recipe and the pictures are great too! Lynn H @ Turnips 2 Tangerines Stopping by from Pamela's Heavenly Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This certainly looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing on Creative Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent!! This is fabulous. Have a wonderful week!!

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to let you know you were featured on I Freakin' did it Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelley! Wow Thank You so much! That really cheers me up! Appreciated deeply! Have a Great weekend! Whoot Whot!!!!

      Delete
  12. Sounds great! Love this! Thanks so much for sharing at Pint Sized Baker for Two Cup Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow looks amazing :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays, featuring this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Claire! Appreciate it Dear!

      Delete
  14. That is so much FUN! I'm hosting an Iron Chef Mom link party and this week our secret ingredient is cream cheese. I'd love it if you came and linked up this recipe! http://growingupgabel.com/iron-chef-mom-cream-cheese-battle/

    ReplyDelete