2/20/13

Kiss Me DIY Gumball Machine

Besame, Besame Mucho= I'm not Irish but Kiss Me Anyway

Hola Amigos! Happy Wednesday to all. Today I worked on a very quick project, Pinterest inspired and perfect for the coming St/ Patrick's Day Celebration!. It literally takes longer to watch the paint dry than to assemble it and have it ready for candy to be displayed in style and whimsy!

For this DIY Gumball machine, you would need: 1 4 inch terracotta pot, 2 4 inch terracotta saucers, 1 2 inch terracotta saucer, adhesive good enough for terracotta and glass, 1 glass bowl (mine from the dollar store), ribbon, your favorite green paint, decorative hat (or wooden knob) acrylic letters and favorite candy.

The day before paint your saucers and pot and let dry overnight.
Once it's dry...start assembling, first the pot, opening upside down, top it with one of the saucers by adding glue to the bottom of your terracotta pot and placing one of the saucers right side up as to hold the glass bowl.

 Put some adhesive on the bottom of the glass bowl and glue it to the saucer previously attached to the pot. You are half way there! Glue the wooden knob on the upside down bottom of your second saucer...in my case I used a Leprechaun's hat!...

Decorate with ribbon, and your favorite Irish Phrase, fill it up with candy  and you are done!...1-2-3- super easy



The extra little saucer I glued in the inside of the "lid saucer" to avoid the moving all over the place of the lid as shown here

Just a few steps, a cheap project, all together for about 7 dollars...I believe the candy was more than the pot, saucer and bowl all together...but that's usually the case with candy.

I'm really liking it...the color possibilities are endless for every holiday imaginable!

What I like the most is the Kisses...yes..just because you are not Irish, doesn't mean you don't like to be kissed, right?

Hope you liked my little project here..sweet, festive, cheap and easy..just the way I like it for my middle of the week craft!


Irish Kisses....I mean Besitos,
Lizy

40 comments:

  1. Hi Lizy, I was trying to email you but couldn't find your email. Can you email me at info at cedarhill-ranch dot com?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita! I just emailed you, hope you got it...I got to fix the issue with my email here, lol. thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  2. Can't believe that it is that easy to make considering the fabulous finished product. Good for giveaways or decors at home. :)
    - Selectivend.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for following me and I'm now following you with GFC. I've also Tweeted this fun looking craft. We don't have St. Patrick's Day in South Africa. It feels like yesterday that I saw lots of mom blogs with the theme. How time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cute, and I like the gold-covered chocolates in there for the perfect touch.

    I bet you know you're featured today at Sunshine and a Summer Breeze, but I thought I'd share it with you just in case. I just came across it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lizy!
    So glad you stopped by blog & left a comment! I look forward to following your blog.
    This St. Pat's craft is so cute. My grandkids would love grabbing candy from that pot of gold!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gumball machine! I think these terracotta gumball machines are super cute. You did a great job making it ready for Saint Patty's day. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and kindly leave a comment. Love to hear from my readers and visitiors. Happy you liked this little guy! It was fun to make!

      Delete
  7. Well, this is sooo stinkin' cute..I'm gonna make one.
    Over from Charm of Home and following now.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!
    love the gumball machine-- Irish isn't too bad either!

    via SSS,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I'm sure having this displayed brings smiles for more than one reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystie...indeed...bringing smiles and chocolate little finger prints everwhere! lol thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. This turned out darling. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lizy,
    This is really cute! You did a great job. I had seen one on pinterest for Valentine's Day, but never thought to make it for St. Patty's. Thanks for sharing at A Humble Creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lizy, your gumball machine is so adorable! Thank you for sharing at Crafty Thursday Obsessions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kendra! My pleasure to be at your party!

      Delete
  13. I love how you made your own gumball machine :o) Thanks so much for sharing at Nap-Time Creations' Tasteful Tuesdays... so glad to have you around for the party! I'm pleased to tell you that this project is being featured tomorrow in a CELEBRATE GREEN (st. Pats) Round Up! I would LOVE if you would post the featured button on this post to show off your feature and follow via GFC or E-mail if you don't already. Don't miss out on any of the fun! (link will be live Sat. morning) http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/03/celebrategreen.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing this post in our weekly Crafty Showcase. Congrats it was one of our Bowdabra Designers top picks of the week and you are being featured. Stop over and see your feature - http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/03/01/feature-friday-bowdabra-top-crafty-showcase-picks-37/

    This little gumball machine is AWESOME!!! What a great idea!

    Have a super weekend!

    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My Goodness!!! Thank You so much for the feature! What an honor! Thank Youy Susie and thank you to all the design team!

      Delete
  15. Thank You Susie! and thank you for the feature too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My Gosh, I just love this! You are not only a good cook, but a great crafter!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank You Cynthia! You are so supportive! Thanks my friend!

      Delete
  17. So cute! Found you at Decorate to Celebrate! I have a link party too and would love for you to join us in the fun! Smiles, Jill
    every day is an occasion.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jill...I would love to go to your party!

      Delete
  18. Oh my goodness I LOVE your project and so very clever for some of those yummy chocolate kisses which goes great with the sentiment!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a neat idea!! We all need a candy machine filled with kisses -- ESPECIALLY for St. Patrick's Day!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so creative and fabulous!! I love the design!! So fun to use Kisses!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Decorate to Celebrate DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've made a gum ball machine like this but never an amazing St. Patty's day decoration...LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing at March Madness

    ReplyDelete
  22. one word {LOVE}! thank you for joining us over at DTC! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your gumball machine! Found you via the Decorate To Celebrate Challenge. Wanted to invite you to share it at my Rock N Share party going on now at The Shady Porch.

    ReplyDelete