5/21/13

Blueberry Ice Cream Soda Float Recipe

Hola Amigos and Happy Tuesday! I few weeks ago I had the chance to visit our local but not so close Trader Joe's and found a bottle of 100% Juice, Sparkling Blueberry Juice. Just the fact that it was juice drew my eyes to it. I was thinking on what to do with it since it was so bubbly until it occurred to me, why not a float.
I guess technically is not a soda float, since it has no soda per se, but what makes it fun is the fizziness in the juice achieving the same result as if you were to use soda or sparkling water.

Blueberry  Ice Cream Soda Float 

6 oz Blueberries
1 Cup Sugar
2 TBSP Lemon Juice
Ice Cream 
Blueberry Sparkling Juice or you favorite Sparkling Water

In a heavy saucepan and medium heat, add the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice and cook until blueberries begin to burst  and the sugar is completely dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or so and set aside to cool. You have me seen  using this same procedure to make my Triple Purple Berry Smoothie.

Now the rest is pretty simple, I start mine with a little bit of syrup, a scoop of ice cream and some soda and repeat the process and top it some whip cream and more syrup.

Listo, 

Just a refreshing little treat for a hot summer afternoon!

Thank You for visiting the blog today. You can always make something wonderful and new out of an old recipe, just bring your own touches and creativity and you will have a new family classic and favorite in your hands.

Remember, everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!

Besitos,
Lizy

Bringing some blueberry sweetness to these Fabulous Parties:
Rate the Plate Utah
Under the Table and Dreaming
The NY Melrose Family
Will Cook For Smiles
Sweet 2 Eat
Heatherly Loves
Spatulas on Parade
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sew-Licious Home Decor
Dessert Now Dinner Later
Your Homebased Mom
Claire Justineoxox
My Turn (for Us)
Simply Designing
The Best Blog Recipes
Chic on a Shoestring
Rattlebridge Farm
304 Main
One Artsy Mama
This and That
The Thirftiness Miss
The Home Girl
Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons
The Charm of Home
Fluster Buster
Feeding Big and More
Mom's Test Kitchen
Clean and Scentsible
The Style Sisters
No Minimalist Here
The Mandatory Mooch
Seven Alive
Cupcake-n-Bake
RealCoake.com
Food Done Light
Jennifer Rizzo
The Pin Junkie
Hun...what's for Dinner
Pint Sized Baker
twelveOeight
PhJ designs
Love Grows Wild
Nap Time Creations
Memories by the Mile
Tumbleweed Contessa

19 comments:

  1. I want some! Looks so delicious! I love blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly that looks freaking amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a major sweet tooth today, and I'm telling you (last time I promise... I think I promise) you should query editors about publishing a recipe book. You could use blog pages instead of tear sheets. I'd buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost 6 am and I'm still on my first cup of coffee....and no I have to have a blueberry float!

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good. Creamy, fruity and delicious! Thank you for linking this to the In and Out of the Kitchen Llin Party. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My! This looks so wonderful! I am pinning it so I can try it out as soon as I get to Trader Joe's! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks and sounds delicious. Blueberry anything is my favorite and the season is almost here. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun summery dessert! I love it! If you have time, I would love for you to stop by my Sweet & Savory Saturdays party & link this up: http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/2013/05/sweet-savory-saturdays-14.html

    Hope to see you soon!
    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this too, I am so going to have to eat something sweet now :) I cant wait to try :)

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizy, thanks again for sharing this. I just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring this at the Top 10 of the In and Out of the Kitchen link party! The post will go up Monday morning!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious! Thank you for joining Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness...so good! Stopping by from Simple Suppers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks insanely good! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It not only looks beautiful it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Yum! I love blueberry's and ICE CREAM. Thank you for sharing at Memories by the Mile's Tuesday Trivia. Great Pictures too. I shared it on google+ and am pinning it now.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Wanda! and thank you for spreading the love for Ice Cram Floats!

      Delete