6/3/13

BBQ Chuck Roast Recipe

Hola Amigos! Today's dinner is brought to you by yours truly and Grill Master "The Hubs". As you all know by know, BBQ and Grilling is something my manly men like to do and I'm just left to prepare the marinade and rub, side dishes and to  be the "honey-would'ya-boy" Honey would ya get me a plate..Honey would ya get me some paper towels, Honey would ya get me a beer...well you get the idea.

This beef cut is my least favorite, perhaps because I don't like red meat too much and really dislike Roasts (or at least I haven't met one I liked yet). So The Hubs came with the idea of ..hey let's slow cook it...on the grill!!! and I went like...Sure!!!!Why not!...at least I'm out of the kitchen! and let me tell you folks...this is the only way for now on I'm cooking my roasts...technically is not a roast but oh boy...once you try this you won't be going back to that oven!
First of course we marinated and rubbed  the roast. Recipe follows:

BBQ Chuck Roast
Marinade and Rub
1 (5 pound) Chuck Roast
 Sea Salt (I used Hickory Smoked Sea Salt)

Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Olive Oil (I used Trader Joe's)
Rub your Chuck Roast on both sides with plenty sea salt, pepper and onion powder. Drizzle a bit of garlic olive oil on both sides as well and leave it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before grilling.
Grilling 
Once you take your roast from the marinade. Put it under indirect low heat and cook this way for 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145-155F.  We cooked it at 275-300F covered. 
On the last 30 minutes of cooking we used or favorite BBQ Sauce and just brushed it on the roast until it caramelized and got sticky! Yumm! 
Listo.

Most of all  the fat dripped out of the meat just leaving enough on it to give it flavor.

It was very tender as well due to the slow cooking method, pretty  much falling off the bone.

Serve it with a grilled potato and enjoy your dinner!

Thank You so much for sharing this meal with us today. Do you grill something that is not traditionally "grilled"? If so leave me your link in the comments, I would love to read it and add it to my grilling repertoire!

Remember everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!
Besitos,
Lizy


17 comments:

  1. We're not at all inventive on the grill, but I'm not surprised that you are. ;) The pics are great too, like always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic! What a great family meal. Probably no leftovers either. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawna! It was pretty tasty and you are right, no leftovers, lol, so back to the kitchen mom! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness this looks mouth watering. I just got up and now I want this for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chuck roast, your photos and recipe look mouth watering! We love grilling in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no words for how delicious that looks!! My mouth is watering!! YUM!! Pinned ;) LOVE your photos by the way! ;) Fabulous post, friend! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 90% of our cooking in the summer is done on the grill. Fortunately most of it is done by my husband, so I'll be passing this on the him. Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster Party.

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUM...this looks absolutely amazing! This would be perfect to link up to my Create It Thursday post..it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/06/create-it-thursday-5-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lizabeth
    I'm co hosting Katherine's Corner Hop this week and came by to say Hello. This looks amazing.
    Best
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your post on Shine on Fridays. Yum. Pinning! My post is #74.

    http://freshjuniper.blogspot.com

    Reecea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! This looks so delish. Thanks for sharing!

    Jenn
    www.therollinshouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lizy, this sounds and looks delicious. When I was a kid, my mom cooked chuck roast in the electric frying pan. You could make anything in those things. I never cook roasts since there are only two os us, but I would surely try this out. Tomorrow is grocery day, and I'm putting a chuck roast on the list. Have a yummy week. Fondly, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is making my mouth water!!! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #16!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lizbeth. This looks so delicious! I want to feature it at this week's The Weekend re-Treat but I can't right click and save from your site. Hoping that you can email me the picture tonight so I can feature it as a Fabulous 5 from last week... thebestblogrecipes@gmail.com

    Thanks,
    Shauna @ The Best Blog Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lizbeth, thanks for bringing this over to the BBQ. And a big thank you for following Carole's chatter. I have very happily followed you right on back. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks so delicious! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe at the Say G’day Saturday linky party. I'm pinning this right now!

    This week’s linky party has just started so I hope you can stop by and say g’day!

    Best wishes for a great weekend,

    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete